If possible, we meet the night before or have a call discussing the backpack, sleeping equipment and food.
We start from the Finale Ligure and do a last check our food, gear and backpacks. After buying our pack lunch we turn our backs to the busy town by the sea to climb up the panoramic trails above the sea. After traversing the hamlets perched on the sunny side of the mountains we walk towards Rocca di Corno.
This trail is very scenic, we breathe in the views of the green hills and the turquoise Mediterranean sea. Pack lunch break when we’re hungry sitting on rocks of Finale.
At Rocca di Corno we fill up our water bottles and dive into the wilderness to find our spot for the wild camp. I have cleared this beforehand with the landowner.
In the afternoon we practice some bushcrafting skills and work with some materials we have discovered along the route.
We prepare our meal for the night, set up our camp after sunset.
After enjoying the breakfast we pack up the camp into our backpacks and ensure we are not leaving a trace in the environment. We go on to explore the impressive Roman bridges along the highway that dates back to antiquity.
We descend over the mountains into Finale Ligure, arrival before 13h.
It is possible to arrange for luggage delivery, if we meet the night before for this.
Depending on weather conditions we may choose a different valley to journey into on the day. You will be informed of the final destination the day before, if there are any changes.
12km trekking, easy difficulty
500m vertical ascent / descent
Dogs are welcome on this trip
Materials you need to pack with you
- Trekking poles
- Sun hat / cap
- Comfortable footwear
- Sleeping mat
- Sleeping bag
- Pocket knife
- Platic mug for tea
- Toilet paper and small freezer bags or dog waste bags
- A plastic gardening trowel, if you have one
- Personal hygiene overnight kit – note there will be no running water
- Hand disinfectant
- Sun cream
- Ear plugs, if you like to sleep with them
- Head torch
- Warm clothing for the evening
- Water bottles, enough to hold 2,5litres of your drinkingn water
- Plastic bags for rubbish
- Comfortable backpack to hold all the equipment and carry it all day
What is included:
- Your guide for the journey Kirsti Read more
- Search and rescue insurance during the activity.
- Dinner and breakfast on the camping stove – please let us know beforehand of any dietary restrictions!
- Materials for the bushcraft activity
What is not included:
Your medical, activity or travel insurances.
Lunch, snacks or sweets.
Minimum 2 people to form a group, to be confirmed at latest 48h before the departure. If we need to cancel the day due to low numbers, we will issue a full refund or arrange for an alternative day if you prefer.
Normal rainy day is not grounds for cancellation, please remember to bring waterproof clothing if needed.
We are outdoors to have fun, for the love of the nature. Please study before the Leave No Trace principles that we will discuss on the day and do our very best to follow.