Join me on a panoramic trail run over the rocky ridges and forest paths of Finale Ligure, passing through some fascinating prehistoric sites. We meet up in Orco in the morning, or we can agree shared transport from Finale Ligure.
We start from Orco, underneath the impressive cliffs of Monte Cucco. We will explore the trails by the ridge line and peek over to get an amazing view of the mountains to the north of Finale.
The trail continues through pretty forest paths, past Ciappo delle Conce, large open rock slabs where we can admire some stone cuttings, referring to ancient rituals. We will continue in the trail to a prehistoric observatory stone, aligned to see the sunrise in the horizon during the equinoxes. The mystery of who installed it remains for us to ponder.
We run high on the forest trail, then take a path through some ancient ruins of villages of bygone eras. The terraces shaped by a human hand over hundreds, if not thousands of years are now overgrown with woods.
After traversing out above La Crema church, we take the sunny panoramic trail up to San Bernardino and drop down to the busy streets of Finalborgo. We can stop for a snack before continuing up to Caprazoppa to admire the Mediterranean sea views and fun undulating trails above to Verezzi.
We drop down through the mediaeval town of Verezzi into Borgio, from where we take the seaside road, a bus or a local train to Finale Ligure.
This itinerary is a fast walking day for experienced hikers, or an easy trail running day.
It is possible to book a two day trail running journey, taking you from Noli to Orco in day1, then completing the journey on day 2 to Borgio Verezzi.
22km trails, medium difficulty
780m ascent, 1060m descent
Easy to medium running pace
View the track on map in OutdoorActive
Materials you need to take
- Good grippy trail running shoes
- Water bottle and a small pack for food and drink
- Energy bars and/or snacks for the day
- Sun hat and sun cream, factor 50SPF
- Windproof layer and waterproof jacket if weather forecast indicates rain
What is included:
- The guiding for the day by Kirsti, who has been living and running in Finale Ligure for the past 11 years. Read more
- Search and rescue insurance during the activity.
- Help with the shuttle or bus transport arrangements.
What is not included:
- Your medical, activity or travel insurances.
- Lunch, snacks or drinks.
- Accommodation (contact me for recommendations)
- Transport – we will coordinate either bus connection or car sharing.
Minimum 3 people to form a group, to be confirmed at latest 24h before the departure. If we need to cancel the day due to low numbers, we will issue a full refund or arrange for an alternative day if you prefer.
Normal rainy day is not grounds for cancellation, please remember to bring waterproof clothing if needed.
We can meet in the morning with prior agreement either in Basecamp Cucco or Finale Ligure train station.